Mr. Fatigue arrived yesterday at work like an unwanted guest or an IRS agent. I could feel myself winding down beginning about 1:00. It's not as bad as chemo fatigue, and I don't feel bad. I'm just tired in spite of getting a good nights sleep. It's still with me today and will likely hang on for a couple of weeks or so. Teresa and I looked at some houses today in Ardmore, then went to Walmart. I was in slow motion all day. By the way, still no hit on a house. For those of you that don't know, Teresa and I bought a little house in Madill and have been looking for the past couple of months for something bigger and probably in Ardmore. The reason we have the house in Madill is a very long story I might tell some other time.
I have a couple of follow up doctors appointments and a PET/CT scan on 2/17 at OU Med Ctr. I'm anxious to see what the scan will show. My bones are probably turning into titanium and I'll be morphing into Scottzilla, as Mark predicted. Egg sandwiches are delicious, Jarrett, and I've been having an egg on a muffin for breakfast every morning. That's about the same as an egg sandwich and very tasty.
I'm going to take a nap now.
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I love egg sandwiches. It must run in the family.
Now a round steak and fried patotes with gravey and you'll be good as new.
We bought some liver chease the other day...lots of iron ans tasty. Try it.
Dad
It is agreed; egg sandwiches are the shiz! QP would like to assert that the peanut butter side of PBJs are also very delicious.
Has that house with the pool/shed been sold?
Liver cheese? What's up with the Wilson love of liver..??! There's the proof that I'M ADOPTED!!!! ick.. Hey, Scotty, I have a question..it has come up in my books about some folks that receive chemo develop a taste aversion to (gasp!) red meat. (No, really, I'm serious.) Has that happened? Any taste alterations? Also, in a previous note you mentioned that you're blood looks good? In what way? Your counts?
Have a great time napping...have one for me...
Love, Kimmie
Kimmie, my tastes did change a bit on chemo, but no noticeable difference now. On chemo, my appetite for red meat actually increased. Pot roast was something I couldn't get enough of, and ribs, too. I can't really remember what tasted worse, but there were a few items.
Blood work does refer to white, hemoglobin and platelets. Right now, I'm still in acceptable ranges in all three. Platelets have dropped the most so far, which they told me would happen.
Scott
I wish it wasn't true, but really, when I have a test, and I get stuck, I think about all of this. I'm glad it's working, but sorry it's you.
Love ya.
kimmie
Post a Comment