Well, what a day! I read magazines, watched TV, did some work, read some work email, etc, etc. The highlight of my day yesterday was rolling the trash can to the street. Today, I got to roll the empty trash can back to its home, AND I got the mail. What a rush! Seriously, I still feel fine. I have my first post-dose blood test, called a CBC (complete blood count), this Monday. I'll have blood work every Monday for about 3 months. The good news is I can get that done here in Madill so I don't have to drive to Oklahoma City every week. Barring the unknown, I shouldn't have to go back up to OKC for about a month. On 2/19 or 2/20 I have follow up visits with Dr. Selby (Hematologist) and Dr. Thompson (Radiation Oncologist), both at OU Med Center.
I hope to have something exciting to report on future updates, then again, I hope I don't have anything exciting to report, if you know what I mean.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Scott,
Although VERY boring glad to hear that so far everything has been "uneventful".
Your Uncle Kenny dreads blood tests almost more than a procedure! Glad you don't have the same affliction!
We are praying for ya!
Hey Scott,
I am not good at writing, I much rather just give you a call. I feel like a real butt for not leaving any comments on your blog. But please know I think of you and Teresa every day. I hope and pray you will KICK CANCERS BUTT again, and for the very last time!! Thanks for keeping us updated.
Love you bunches Cuz!! Cindi
I hope this radiation doesn't turn you into "Scottzilla".
Hey Scott! "Co-Grandpa" Bill here. Glad to hear you're making such excellent use of your down-time. When you get to feeling better you can come up to Edmond and roll my trash cart in and out, if you want?
Stay in touch!
Sup scottman, just came by to see whats happening with you. It's pretty crazy that you have radiation in you. I know its gotta stink that you have to have it and cant do anything you want. Keep hanging in there. And abuncha kids at my school think its crazy too and they wish you luck with it. And when i say crazy i dont mean weird but kinda cool weird haha.
Post a Comment