Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Daily Routine

Teresa pointed out that I spend a lot of words here talking about the actual treatment, drugs, tests, etc, and little about changes in my (and our) daily rituals. So here is a glimpse at an average day for an irradiated guy like me.

Sleep in a separate bed. Teresa and I have been sleeping in different bedrooms since last Thursday. She likes it. I'm worried.

No long trips of 4 hours or more sitting near others. I can ride in the back seat all by myself on shorter trips. We did that on the way back last Thursday. It was like being a rich guy having a personal driver.

Stay at least 6 feet away from pregnant women and children. Not a problem, most women try to avoid me and kids only show up when I give them money.

Minimize time spent near others and delay return to work. I've been waiting for those orders my whole life!

Don't let others use my bathroom, if possible. Teresa set up a bathroom for me in the back yard.

Menstruating women should use a flushable tamp.....wait, that's not supposed to be for me.

Sit while urinating and flush the toilet 3 times with the lid down. These are very, very unnatural actions for a man. When I sit I get confused whether I'm supposed to pee or, well, the other. Put the lid down?? Put the LID DOWN?? I'm not familiar with that procedure.

Use separate towels, washcloths, and toothbrush from rest of household members. Easy enough, but now we have to buy another toothbrush (just kidding).

Use separate dishes and eating utensils for 1 week and wash them separately. No problem, I only use my fingers anyway.

Do not breast feed. I can and will comply with that one.

In a future post I'll describe newly discovered and expected superpowers as a result of radiation.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, you Rock. So does Teresa. Attitude is everything and you are a shining example of that!!!

Really, tho, if you decide to breast feed, and are actually able to, I want pics. I'm sure we could sell them to supplement the Wilson coffers...

Love Kimmie

Anonymous said...

p.s. how did the first scan go?

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing my head off here at work. Your daily routine is the funniest ever!!! Every now and then us Texans experience a power surge coming from the north (around Madill, Ardmore area). Could that be you???

Love ya!!
Linda & Sam

Anonymous said...

Scott,
Do you and T sleep in separate bedrooms because you glow? We should have thought ahead and figured out a way to use you to generate electricity...save a few bucks.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that update...I'm glad you put that on the blog. Talking to Teresa the other night, I didn't realize all that you 2 were having to do...and not do! I thought it was interesting that the Dr's asked what kind of car you drove...they preferred a suburban since that gives you the most amount of distance between you 2!
How did the gamma scan come out yesterday? Is it all out of your system?