Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pump Me Up

Well, the blood counts are headed down a bit more aggressively now. My platelet count hit 20 today which means I go to OU Med Center for a platelet transfusion tomorrow. White blood cell count is below normal, but not far, and hemoglobin (red) is still barely in the normal range. I was expecting this, I just expected it sooner. I don't know how many billions of platelets I'll get tomorrow. Right now, I'm just trying to stay away from sharp objects. I guess my superpowers from the radiation are turning into super-weeney-powers. I still feel OK, a bit tired but nothing that really keeps me down. I'm still working all day, every day, which is good.

There's the latest. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott! I just found out about this group called Planet Cancer. The website is www.planetcancer.com

It's a group geared toward 20-30 year olds battling cancer--with a wicked sense of humor.

I went to a LLS thing this weekend and the marketing director of Planet Cancer,also cancer survivor, was one of the speakers. I was moved to tears because I wish I'd known about this group 5 years ago when I was going through hell while all my peers were doing what regular 20 year olds do.

Anyway, there's some really funny things on there--and since I know you have a great sense of humor, esp. about cancer, I think you'd appreciate it.

Glad to read that things are going well and that tumor is running away with its tail between its legs. :o)

Susanne Temple